Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Studio Sale: December 2011


Despite the fact that I neglected my blog,  I did have a very productive season in the stillroom, preparing for the annual Studio Sale that my husband and I hold in our barn every Christmas.


This year, the long warm autumn allows me to continue harvesting late into the fall, gathering huge bundles of Sage and Marjoram and Lemon balm, bundling them to string across the beams above the wood stove, piling them in chaotic heaps on the drying rack frames.

We buy a cord of wood and settle into a rhythm of spending the evenings compounding mixtures for baths and dream pillows, steeping, straining, bottling and labeling, framing and matting.
We take turns choosing the music.


Gloria keeps an eye on the proceedings.





Teas and tinctures, herbal baths and organic catnip cat toys, all arranged for the sale.





No comments:

Post a Comment